TED video you weren't supposed to see
1. Rich people do not create jobs Nor do businesses large and small. They are created by a circle of life feedback loop between business and consumer.
2. Hiring more people is a course of last resort for businesses. Business do not create jobs unless there is a demand for their product, not because they have extra $$ in their coffers. $$ does not spur investment in jobs unless there is demand.
3. Who creates the demand?? People with $$ to spend.
4. When lowest tax rates and biggest tax breaks go to rich, the only thing that happens is that the rich get richer.
5. Since 1980, top 1% income has tripled (where do you think that money is coming from?) and their tax rate has dropped 50%. If it were true that tax breaks for the rich increaased jobs, we would be drowning in jobs.
6. Language: it's a small jump from "job creator" to "creator". The rich are making a claim on status and special privileges they deserve.
7. 35% top marginal rate on working income vs. the 15% rate on capitalist's carried interest, capital gains and dividends is kind of hard to justify without a kind of deification.
8. When the middle class thrives, businesses grown and hire, and owners profit.
9. That's why taxing the rich paying for investments that benefits all is such a great idea.